Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

10.12.2005

We are here...

Well, we've been here for a week or so- we made it in one piece and our stufff arrived mostly in good shape a few days later. Montana is beautiful, as expected, but being her and being unemployed is scary. The wedding money is gone, and next month's rent will either have to come from some pretty damn quick employment or the credit card. Of course, my law school loans will be coming due soon as well, so I guess its time to get that economic deferrment package together. Kate and I just walk around all day with our stomachs twisted in knots. I have a hard time sleeping. The apartment looks great, though. People here find out you are looking for work and they get defensive, they tell you the pay is terrible here. I'm certain there are jobs for both of us in Missoula, it just is going to take some doing. I put in an application at REI, Kate with Starbucks. We both are signed on with temp agencies, and applying for several jobs a day with other places- the university, non-profits, the business world. The issue now is probably not to find a career, just a "pay the rent" job. I don't really intend this blog to be a chronicle of the woes of a law school dropout and his new wife who he dragged across the country, it's just that some of these things are really pressing right now. I belive that these are the flames I'll be forged in awhile, and knowing that makes it better. In other news, it's been good to unpack my books and CD's, which I haven't seen in over a year. It's good to read a little for fun. It's good to write a bit here and there, again mostly for fun and to keep loose. It's good to go running every day, and it is good to not be living apart from Kate, which i did for two years while she went to grad school in South Carolina. More later.