Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

10.23.2005

Weekend Stuff

It took two days of hassle, but Kate and I are officially online under our own steam. The guys who came to set up our broadband were about as helpful as a plumber who turns on the water without hooking up the pipes. Still, after much configuring, and after one of our computers decided it didn't have an ethernet card after all, and the other decided that it didn't like the ISP's installation CD, we are finally up and running, with a wireless router and everything. Now, I just have to send my laptop back to Toshiba, as it has decided to turn itself into a paperweight. (Bad sector on the hard drive, can't even get into the BIOS any more, won't boot from my Knoppix DVD either.) By the way, I would recommend to anybody who fears their computer might die someday leaving them no way to get to their files that they download a version of Knoppix and burn it to a DVD right away. Before my laptop completely died, I was able to boot up with the Knoppix disc and move all my crititcal files off before attempting a system restore, which has certainly deleted those files as well as crunked my computer beyond all use. We packed Katie off to Kalispell today, from there she's headed to San Fran, and a new chapter in her life for sure. It was great to have her around and we took some really nice hikes in the area. The pictures I took were all slides, though, so we'll have to wait a bit (like until I can get the slides scanned or get a slide scanner) to post any of those photos. Since Katie left and we got the computers set up, I've been working through edits on my resume and cleaning up in general. I won't hear from REI until Monday, so we'll keep our fingers crossed until then. In the meantime, I am now aware that several good friends have blogs, and have added those links to the sidebar on the right. Enjoy!