Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

11.20.2005

Ice Fog

Wish I had a picture to go with this post, but look at a white computer screen and you have a pretty good idea of what it has looked like in Missoula for the last two days. It's inversion season here again, and a massive body of high-pressure air has trapped some cold foggy air in the valley, with no signs of anything moving for the next couple of days. People who have been hiking up around Pattee Canyon and up Grant Creek road have reported that the fog is only about 1000 feet deep and that you can get up over it pretty easily- I haven't had the time. It has also been about 25 degrees here at night. The fog is so thick that it freezes on to everything, including my front steps, which just about threw me this morning as I rushed off to work. The roads have been OK, but the fog is so dense that driving Reserve Street (the Missoula Strip) at night reveals no lit up store fronts- they are there, but the fog is thick enough that you cannot see past the first few rows of the parking lots from the street. The grass and trees are all coated with a layer of gritty ice. I hope to get out for a run early tomorrow morning that will take us up above all this soup.