Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

11.30.2005

Job Interviews in Missoula, Part II

So I had my second real job interview in Missoula today, to be an associate planner with the county/city. It felt nice to put on a suit again, anyway. I had no idea I'd be interviewing with the entire staff there, but so it was and I rolled with the punches as they went around the table, asking me questions they had listed on a sheet, including one where they rolled out a subdicvision map and asked me to identify any issues I would see witht he particular plan. I think I either did really well with that, or they were simply all really encouraging. I spent about an hour with the group, asking and answering questions, trying to fill them in as much as possible on my work experience, as it seemed that they were all working off my couty-gernerated application form and not my nice shiny resume and cover letter. This probably has something to do with county practices and procedures for fair hiring, but I can't be sure. I have to keep my fingers crossed until sometime next week, when they promised to call me back. My heart skipped a beat when they called later today, only to inform me that as I left I put down my folder with my resumes in it and left it in the lobby! I hope that doesn't reflect on me too badly or at least that I'll have a chance to make myself look a little better when I go back to pick it up tomorrow.