Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

11.21.2005

Out of the Soup

I got out of work at 2:30 today and took off for the Ravine Trail to try to hike up above the fog, which at this point looks like it will be staying in Missoula through the Thanksgiving holiday. I was up and out of the fog within a quarter mile and made the five mile round trip an about an hour and 45 minutes. I paused to take a few pictures and have posted them below. It was nice to get up into the sun and some of the balsam firs smelled so sweet that I kept thinking I smelled maple sap boiling. The sun was just so intense, and it must have cooked the trees all day. At any rate, sorry about the poor picture quality, but my only digital camera option at the moment is my video camera. Better than nothing.