Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

3.06.2006

Slanty Shanty


I'm not sure many of you beyond Cindy Brisson and Dave Huffman ever got to see my little shack on the Cape. This place was good. I'm pretty sure I could have kicked it over and the one winter I spent there I had to use my sleeping bag on top of my comforter and wear a hat to bed. Pictured against the wall are my skimboards and dump bike, which used to be a three speed but was shot to the point of being a one speed. I rescued it from an illegal dump site in Barnstable.

I have since stripped it and installed new wheels, cog, chain, crank, seatpost, saddle.... everything except the frame, headset, stem and bars, actually. She's a fixed gear now and she still rides like a champ. The Cape Cod Rail Trail was right out my back door and it was only five miles to Nauset Beach from this little cabin. I'll try and find a current bike photo at some point but feel free to check out lots of other pretty ones at the fixed gear gallery until then. I'll get around to submitting mine there at some point.

If there's one thing I miss being out here in Missoula, it's that there isn't much quaintness. Everything was done big, right from the start it seems. I'm sure as I poke around a little more that attitude will change. Still, I haven't seen any houses as small as this out here. Posted by Picasa