Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

4.01.2006

Bike Time


Spring is coming, so my version of spring cleaning involves the old trek 930. Last year I took it mostly apart to clean it up, this year, the punch list includes:

1. true both wheels
2. remove and clean the cassette
3. remove and clean/degrease the chain and chainrings
4. general cleaning of frame, etc.
5. scotch-brite the rims
6. reassemble and adjust derailleurs and brakes
7. consider finally getting clipless pedals

The long term goal is to dump the fork for a cheaper, lighter rigid fork. This is a 95 or 96 model bike, and the suspension fork has little travel and bottoms out under my considerable bulk anyway. When time and money permit, I hope to do a new crank with cyclocross single chainring up front and a new wheel built around an ENO eccentric rear hub with a fixed gear on one side and a larger smaller freewheel cog on the other. Lots of great information about those types of projects at www.harriscyclery.com Check them out, at leat to to read the column about the nutritional supplement "product W," now with theobromine!Posted by Picasa