Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

4.09.2006


Well, the bike is all back together with all of the items on the punch list complete. Now that I have once again pulled this thing apart and scrubbed the grease and dirt off, I am making a pledge to only use a really light lube on the chain. I'm getting rid of my white lightning, which is a paraffin-based lube and switching over to tri-flow. WD-40 is right out. I am still considering clipless pedals, waiting for a deal to show up on Nashbar or Performance. The whole thing is running much more smoothly. The front fork, however, is really and truly dead and needs to be replaced. I've never replaced a fork, so that ought to be interesting. Well, today is the last day at Snowbowl, so Kate and I will be heading up soon, should be the last of the ski pictures posted this year.  Posted by Picasa