Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

8.09.2006

Braindump I

I've been reading a little bit or productivity stuff lately, mostly about the concept of Getting Things Done (GTD). GTD is an organizational system I don't know much about yet but I have a loose understanding that part of the idea is to get "open loops," that is, stuff that you need to get done but haven't gotten done yet, out of your system to help you focus on the task at hand. One way to get started is to write out a list of tasks.

I wrote out a bunch of stuff I've been meaning to get done and I did actually feel better just by getting it written down somewhere. All the energy I was using recycling all of these action items in my head can now be reduced to the brain power necessary to know that all that stuff is on a list I can get to and act on. I hope to continue this process, possibly posting a strikeout version as it grows and as tasks are completed. We'll see.

braindump:

pack for seattle
anniversary stuff
firewire card for laptop
install movie edit pro on laptop
==> or think about adobe premiere elements
list/sell stuff in ebay pile
list fixie on craigslist
fax phone info to verizon for county emp discount
find massage school gift certificate and use
burn photo cd for dad
==> send magazine and cd to parents media mail
create yard sale box in garage and fill
check if peugot bike is still abandoned and evaluate for fixie convert
seatpost clamp for unicycle
film and developing chemistry, tank for holga (120)
usb hub for laptop
menu for week 8/19-8/26 and shop
phone for replacement at rei 8/16 5:30-9:30
paypal $ transfer to bank account
==> use to pay visa bill
get calendar/journal for next year
research plane tickets home for xmas
==> status of rei time off xmas request?
Make list for commuter bike upgrades for winter
==> qbp order ==> install upgrades
winter bike clothes==> full zip pants long gloves etc
consolidate camping & backpacking gear
clean bikes
overdue wedding gifts/cards for friends
locking system for bikes in garage
skis into attic
call home
make hair appointment late september
xmas gift list generate and shop
pull up bar feasibility in upstairs doorframe (36" span)
congrats card to nicole and hans
bring in framed pics to office & hardware & hammer
frames for vermont poem and mass open space logo
clean laptop screen
print weights lifting regime and do
take optical off county insurance