Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

8.07.2006

Weekend Update II

I worked at REI all day Saturday, but Kate and I got a nice bike ride in tonight up in the Rattlesnake area. We rode along the river on an old ranch road that is really popular with folks out riding and strolling. It also provides access to the Rattlesnake Wilderness, whose boundary is 15.4 miles up the river from the trail there. People sometimes ride their bikes there, backpacks in tow, then hike in further for a weekend of backpacking that might easily involve getting more than 20 miles in from the trailhead (and involves a 15.4 mile, mostly downhill cruise on a bike at the end).

The light was waning by the time we got to the Franklin Bridge, our destination for the evening, but I took a few pictures:

Kate at the waters just below the Franklin Bridge, 8.5 miles from the Trailhead.














Me. Self timer and propping the camera at pavement level on the bridge makes for a slightly creepy self-portrait.


Looking up the creek.



Also, in unrelated news, Ishmael has discovered my underwear bin in my closet.

... Posted by Picasa