Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

10.09.2006

Pattee Canyon


Kate had to work this afternoon, but I got in a nice Uni ride up into Pattee Canyon. To top it off, tonight I figured out that GPS visualizer also lets you export a .kml file to Google Earth, hence the image above. This was not the longest but certainly one of the toughest rides I have taken on, about 2.9 miles up and the same distance back. I was on and off the uni A LOT on the way up, mostly my heart rate would go through the roof, I'd lose my spin, and just then the trail would get steep or rocky enough to throw me. On the way down I only came off once, and that was more from daydreaming than any obstacle. I got pretty close to the final approach to Mount Sentinel, but had to turn back in time to pick Kate up. It's just as well because I'm pretty exhausted now. Posted by Picasa