Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

11.19.2006

Sunday Hike


Ben, Kate and I took a six-mile walk in the Rattlesnake today as shown on the map. We started out at the end of Duncan Drive and crossed the new bridge over Rattlesnake Creek, then followed the trail up a bit. It was pretty nice.

Missoula is the only place I have ever been passed by a hunter on a mountain bike with full blaze orange and a rifle on their back. You can ride up in about 15 miles to the wilderness boundary, then get off and hike the backcountry. If you get a deer or elk, though, I have no idea how you get it out. Perhaps you get one of the many people on horseback to help. Posted by Picasa