Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

1.21.2007

Neeerrrrds!

I'll admit it. I am a nerd. Case in point- this post on my blog (first nerd clue) is being drafted in Linux (second nerd clue) which is installed on a partition of the hard drive on my laptop, which I can dual boot into either Linux Mint or XP (third nerd clue). With that out of the way, I have to say, I like Mint quite a lot. You can download it and burn it to a bootable disk and run it live off the disk to see if it will work for you, then install it if you like it- it walks you through the partition process and comes with mp3 and dvd codecs out of the box, which most other Linux distros do not do, as those codecs are technically proprietary. It's based on Ubuntu, another popular distro out there. In short, for anybody who has an old laptop or desktop, Mint seems like a great way to get going with email, DVD and music play, internet access, etc.