Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

3.25.2007

Weekend Travels




Kate's parents visited for the weekend. We got up to Glacier on Friday, though there isn't much to do there this time of year unless you are on skis or snowshoes. They had the gates closed at Lake MacDonald Lodge, which is where I shot this panorama. Blogger wants to compress it down an aweful lot, so shoot on over to my flickr page by clicking on the little photos on the right to see a better version.

The scenery on the way up to the park was obscured by heavy clouds, but those gave way to more or less blue skies on the way back, and the Mission Mountains were all white with tufts of cloud around their summits. We didn't stop on the way back so i didn't take any good pictures there at all.

Yesterday, I had to work at REI at 11 but we were able to get out early in the morning for a croissant at Bernice's and a five-mile round trip walk up along the Rattlesnake before I had to be back in town for my shift. While I worked, Kate and Ben and their parents took a drive down the Bitterroot Valley for more sightseeing and a massive burger lunch at Nap's in Hamilton. Kate and Alyssa and I ate there back over the summer after our day of biking and swimming at Como Lake. The burgers truly are legendary and worth the trip.

In town, we spent a lot of time walking the UM campus and down along the river, showing Bernie and Marci around town, such as it is. It seems like there's never enough time, and certainly another visit's worth of activities for sometime in the future.

Today, we snuck in brunch at the Montana Club before they had to be on their way. The rain that was predicted all weekend started to fall just as they left.