Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

4.26.2007

Seattle, Part II


Our first full day in Seattle found us taking a walk up along the waterfront past Pike Place, and to a nearby salon to get haircuts to cut down on our bumpkin-esque looks. Well, Kate anyway is convinced that every haircut she's ever gotten in Missoula has made her look like a country singer. For my part, I just hadn't had a haircut since January and was feeling conspicuous among the well dressed and coiffed of downtown Seattle.

Feeling refreshed, we walked the long-sh trudge out to the Washington Park Arboretum. I'd like to say I'm some sort of botanist, but truthfully, it was just a nice sunny day and lots of things were in bloom, like this cherry tree:
The sun trickled through the trees and it was very quiet. We passed by a group of watercolor painters, plenty of ducks, and lots of joggers, photographers and dog walkers. Cyclists zipped along the parkway that runs through the property.

We spent a few hours walking through the arboretum and eventually took a bus back into town. We walked from Pike Place back to the hotel, had a soak in the hot tub, and headed across the street to the Pyramid Brewing Alehouse for dinner. They had excellent fish and burgers and good beer. Although we did not have any on this trip. my mother has in the past expressed an affinity for their Apricot offering. I prefer the Thunderhead IPA. After a day spent mostly walking, we retired to the hotel.