Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

8.13.2007

Bike Update

Well, I've run and otherwise recreated strenuously when it was pretty smoky here in Missoula, but today there was ash falling from the sky. This gave me a good excuse to spend time on the bike project.

Here's the parts after one round of chemical paint stripper:


















There's always a point in a project like this where you get the last little bit of old paint off and think "Maybe I'll just clearcoat it."

Maybe someday I'll do that- to an aluminum bike.



















Here's all the parts that weren't getting painted today. The wheels have been repacked with new grease and tires cleaned and inflated.


















Here's the final coat of paint: