Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

12.24.2007

Snowbowl 2007

Kate and I did indeed ski at the Montana Snowbowl yesterday. There wasn't any really fresh snow, but what was there was pretty soft and nice. Other than the skiing in the video below, the highlight of the day was having a raven fly over, not making the traditional croaking sound, but instead, the odd, metallic cl-clunk sound that was kind of other-worldly. A ride up the summit lift revealed that the raven was almost perfectly imitating a creaky wheel on one of the chairlift towers! Ravens have been known to pick up sounds around them, but this was my first time hearing it for myself. Anyway, here's the video: video