Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

3.16.2008

The Train I Ride

Too snowy and weird for the bike today, so Kate and I went for a six-mile run instead. It felt good and we caught the little bit of sun that we had all day here. We took a drive out along the Clark Fork toward Turah as well. We matched speed with a train headed out of town for some time. It carried oil, plywood, grain, empty cars and who knows what else. Home again after that and bison sirloin fajitas for dinner- always good! It was a short weekend, and the next will be as short. I have the same work schedule coming up, that is, a regular work week at the office and a Friday night/Saturday all day combo at REI. Gotta sell that footwear! Bulbs are up around town now and the crocuses (which I swear they've planted over a steam pipe) on the side of the police station are in full bloom. Our plants can't be too far behind though, if it will just stop snowing in the valley.