Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

8.15.2008

Bennington Battle Day!

-And a holiday for me! After a wonderful third-year wedding anniversary celebration on Wednesday night, Kate and I were able to go out again last night and hook up with Jack,Travis, Ryan and Devon, as well as Chris and Yong-Nam, in town from Tokyo- as well as Ben, who came up for the long weekend. What a great night and we laughed until we couldn't breathe anymore as stories were swapped and lives caught up again. There is nothing better. Pictures are blurry, due to lack of flash usage.
We also watched more of the Olympics (gymnastics and swimming) than I think I've seen in a long time, as it was on the TV at both of the places we went to. What was surprising to me was that other patrons seemed similarly transfixed at the feats we were watching- and I even heard some applause as Phelps won yet another swimming event.
Chris has the pictures on his camera, (so please share, Chris!) but you'll have to see the results of our face-shaking photo contest. I can't adequately describe this, but basically you let your face go slack, then shake like a bulldog, and pop the shutter. The results were hilarious, and provided way more entertainment than it should have. I think I heard about this on zoomdoggle.
Ben's up for the weekend, so hikes, bikes and other Vermont-outdoor stuff is on tap. The second half of August in Vermont is often cooler and drier than the rest of summer, and that has played out so far.