Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

8.05.2008

Finis

Not the bike, really, more me than anything. I finally got the front wheel on this beast trued to my satisfaction, added the tire and got it back on. I've only been just a little way around the neighborhood with it, but all systems seem to be go for now.
And hey, if you're gonna take a wheel apart and put it back together, why not let Lance keep the hub clean? (I'm far from the first to do this, by the way, it tends to show up on lots of hipster fixies and such- but it really will keep the hub nice and shiny and makes a good conversation starter.
I've pumped the front tire to a mere 60, I hope to leave it out for the night to settle down before heading north of 80 pounds and taking it out for a little cruise tomorrow night. Of course, Nick could also show up any time to pick it up if he wants.... (maybe we can hit the causeway this weekend, eh? )