Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

8.06.2008

If you haven't yet done so...

...go and rent North by Northwest.  I'm embarrassed that it has taken me this long to sit down and really watch it.  I'm really not a big movie buff or a Hitchcock fan or anything, but I feel like my visual cortex is finally getting to the point where there are enough wrinkles to process something like this.   The architecture, the shot composition, where have I seen this all before?  Wile E. Coyote cartoons? maybe.  Surely those artists had a greater appreciation for this kind of stuff, surely it influenced them.  (OK, so there's probably thousands of grad school theses moldering away out there about this very topic.) Anyway, I'm not saying anything new or profound, but the visual depth and breadth of this movie beats anything you can pump out with cgi these days.