Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

11.10.2008

My Review of Salomon Vertigo Cross-Training Shoes - Men's - '07 Closeout

So, REI has a pretty tight user review system now. After you buy something, they send you an email asking you to review the product. Pretty standard stuff if you are used to buying stuff through Amazon, etc. The new twist is that when you get done with writing your review, they ask if you'd like to post it to your blog. So I clicked "yes," and here it is. I've left the post title as REI's system generated it. Bonus points if you can get the reference in my review nickname. Difficulty: No Googling allowed. Originally submitted at REI
Salomon Vertigo soft-shell uppers bring unparalleled comfort and progressive outdoor style to your multisport endeavors.
Warm, Dry, Light and Comfortable
By Uncle Traveling Matt from Burlington, Vermont on 11/10/2008
4out of 5
Gift: No Sizing: Feels true to size Width: Feels true to width Pros: Flexible, Stable, Breathable, Good Traction, Comfortable, Lightweight, Absorbs Shock Best Uses: Wet Conditions, Trails Describe Yourself: Casual/ Recreational Arch Type: High Arch
I bought these shoes as a winter runner and to wear for winter bike commuting. I find the soft-shell exterior to be more breathable than a shoe with a waterproof-breathable bootie inside, and warm enough with good socks to get me through my 40 minute bike commute comfortably. They have been good runners as well, but as a bigger guy, I'd probably go for something sturdier if I was pounding out the pavement miles.