Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

11.03.2008

Super Commuter

Feeling like I couldn't do anything else right last week, I rounded out my Friday night with some well-deserved shop hours setting up this winter commuter bike. I pulled the fenders off my Trek, the rack out of the parts bin and the studded snows out of storage to set up this winter commuting rig. It's hard to see in the picture, but I was able to modify the tailight that is normally mounted on the seatpost to sit on the back of the rack, ensuring good visibility. The only bottle cage is vertical, perfect for a thermos full of coffee. Up front, a small Cateye blinky and a larger steady light provide visibility for the rider as well as the oncoming driver. The gearing is 36 X 14, single speed (well, people say there are always three speeds: sit, stand and push). I used both the sitting and standing gears today, but can foresee a future where monster quads will supplant the standing gear.
Posted by Picasa