Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

3.20.2009

Another Bike Option for Dan

Busy lately and not much to write about.

I'm a big fan of Swobo, and they have a new bike coming out that made me think of Dan right away.  It's called the Crosby, and here's what they have to say about it:

Model: Fixed/Free/Single/Derailleur/Disc/Cantilever Cross or Road bike with clearance for fat tires and fenders. (Thats right. It's a hub that can be either fixed, or free, with the turn of an internal nut.)
Frame details: Horizontal sliding dropouts w/integrated adjusters, disc brake and derailleur hanger optional.
Fork: Swobo carbon, 1 1/8", disc and canti mounts.
Brakes: Avid Shorty 6 cantilevers, Tektro forged levers.
Hubs: SRAM Torpedo fixed/free rear; Swobo front, nutted.
Ball park retail: $1,049.00


Knowing what I know about Swobo, I'd guess that if they are advertising this as a potential cross machine, they might have gone with a 132.5 dropout spacing that would hole the NuVinci hub. I'm intrigued by the fixed/free switchable hub, becausae that would be coming off of the bike for Dan's project and maybe i could use it on the Xootr Swift foldable fixie project I've had turning over in my head for the last year or so.  More on that later.