Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

4.29.2009

Why I miss Denmark

In 1998 I spent a semester in Copenhagen. Spring in Denmark is probably one of the best times of year in one of the best places on earth. In my Danish Language class, I recall our teacher telling us that being away from Denmark in spring brings a tear to a Dane's eye, and even more than 10 years later, I still miss that one magical spring that I was able to have there.

There's another reason that I miss Denmark, though. It has to do with the culture of congeniality and friendliness that practically radiates from everything around you there. There is a sort of "we are all in this together" attitude that permeates the place. An so here's this video, of danish police giving out free hugs and helmets. In the US, we get Officer Patrick Pogan clotheslining a Critical Mass rider, in Denmark, free hugs.

Sent to you by Matt via Google Reader:

via Boing Boing by Mark Frauenfelder on 4/28/09


Video of police in Denmark stopping bicyclists, hugging them, and giving them helmets. Happiness all around.


Things you can do from here: