Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

7.05.2009

Dan's CVT Road Bike V: In Which it Starts to Look Like a Bike



Yup, that's the Nuvinci Hub built on to the rim from the rear wheel that came with the Clockwork. I built it two-cross with spokes I had on hand, but I'm not happy with the angle the spokes leave the rim. Spokes short enough to build one-cross are on order and will leave Oregon tomorrow. In that order will also be a 25 foot roll of derailer cable housing. I can't believe the Nuvinci Hub, with all of its cable (because it is a push-pull shifter) does not come with housing. Also, with this bike and its single braze-on for the rear brake, it will have to be a full run of housing, from the shifter pod to the hub. I'm hoping that the cables will prove to be long enough that I can get them under the bar tape on the handlebar, for a super-clean look. More updates soon.
Posted by Picasa