Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

7.08.2009

Expanding Musical Horizons: Remixes and Fun Music

I just caught an update from dj BC* about a new project, a Big D and the Kid's Table remix project called Rude Mix Revolution (sequel to Strictly Mixed and Mashed) which led me to my new favorite record company:


Partly because of the bicycle theme they have taken on, but especially because of the song they just posted up by Phoebe Kreutz (who I had not heard of until just now, no I'm not a cool kid when it comes to liking music you've never heard of before) 

Any happy summer song with a lyric about how everything is getting "awesomer and awesomer and awesomer" is OK in my book.  I'll be sure to play it tomorrow when by all predictions, the sun is going to come up and actually stay visible for a while. 

*Bob Cronin, whose projects include two full albums of Beatles/Beastie Boys mashups, an album that mixes New Orleans Jazz with Wu-Tang, and album that mixes various hip-hop artists with works by Phillip Glass, and numerous excellent singles (The Hives "Ride" with Snoop Dogg's "G'ed Up," for example.