Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

8.24.2009

Garden Photos

These are my pictures, but none of this was really my doing.  Kate is the gardener in the family, I am merely the shovel operator!  As you can see, we have had some tomatoes escape the great blight of 2009, and the flowers Kate planted for cutting, display and general enjoyment have been doing really well.  We have begun to slowly remove the Japanese Honeysuckle that was planted along the entire perimeter of the property and Kate has been replacing it, with Purple Coneflower, Bayberry, Ninebark, various grasses and Joe Pye weed.  The bumblebees are really enjoying the Joe Pye,    

All in all, I'd call it a successful first year out there, though we can tell we are going to need to amend our soil significantly and probably come up with some better moisture management/watering strategies, depending on what type of summer we have next year.