Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

8.22.2009

The Trek 460 Project: Reassembly and Configuration Decisions

There's a couple of pictures of my progress on the Trek. I've put everything back on it that came with it that I'm going to use, except for the saddle.  I'm planning on building up a new wheelset, adding new brake cables, bar tape and tires.  I'm looking at a set of yellow Weinmann DP18's* with a machined brake track, yellow tape, yellow tires.  If I can find a piece of yellow vinyl I'm going to re-cover the saddle with that.  It should be pretty striking when I'm done.

From the looks of the chainline photos, I may be able to move the chainring back to the outer position on the spider, which would be nice.  I'm going with a similar macro-drive to what I had on the Montgomery-Ward bike, pairing the 22T Surly cog I have with the 53-tooth ring that came on the bike.

Aside from budget limitations, the whole thing is coming back together pretty well.  I'm thinking about picking up a set of rollers for this winter and using this bike on them, thengetting outside on it in the spring as my early-season trainer and commuter.  

*The poor man's Velocity Deep V, at more than half the price.