Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

10.14.2009

The Last Dahlia




















The Last Dahlia

The last dahlia of the season,
unbroken, not frosted and not
dragged away with the trees cut down
is out of place.

As it opened the world went gray
and blew away, the soft air hardened.

I brought it inside, to grace the backporch
with the peppers and rosemary, the muddy gloves
and rubber boots. But even here at my desk
such a flower is out of place, browning
in our frugal office air.

And then back out to dig, to pull the rustic corm
to set aside summer in a brown paper
basement bag,
a seasonal migration
across the geography of home
settled in a concrete corner.

Promising.
Posted by Picasa