Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

10.19.2009

Sometimes 90 degrees is all you want, and a dozen friends is all you need...

...to get your shed in the right place on your yard!


gifninja.com Create custom animated gifs at gifninja.com!

Thanks to everybody who made shed moving 2009 such a great success!  The invite to come move heavy stuff went out thursday:


And these brave souls (plus at least a half dozen not pictured) came out to make it happen:



Kate's mom made an emergency english muffin and charcoal run to the store.   Kate's mom and my mom both made apple crisp, I made breakfast and hot cider, Kate's brother Ben documented the event, and my dad plus a bunch of other guys and myself picked this behemoth of a structure up and rotated it into place.   Ryan brought beers to wash down our celebratory smoked ribs with (I got up at 4am to start the grill for those!) and Jack even brought one of his own personal army (hi oldest boy of four!) up to witness the fun.

There's something really great about putting your hands on to something that was so heavy you couldn't budge it alone, only to feel it lift and move, light as a feather, under the hands of all of your friends.  There's a metaphor in there somewhere. 

Guys, I'll come help each and every one of you move the heavy things in your lives, anytime.