Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

4.16.2010

Brewing Journal: Batch #1, Entry #4

Batch #1 Fermentation still bubbling, but about one bubble through the airlock every 10 seconds now. Still lots of turbidity, krausen about 1.25 inches thick. I'm already thinking about batch number 2, but no place to store batch #1 when it comes out of secondary- well, I have the keg, but no place at home to keep it cold. My guess is Batch #1 will be racked to secondary on April 25, in secondary for two weeks, racked to the keg on May 9. I could add priming sugar and naturally carbonate in the keg- I found out recently that this is what Switchback does, and in my mind they can do no wrong.  That would be another 2 weeks, so consumable on May 23. No wonder I'm thinking about getting another batch in process- if I wait 'til this one is in the keg or consumed, it's going to be July 4th before Batch #2 is ready!