Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

5.13.2010

The Benefits of Commuting by Bicycle: Road Finds

Today's Road Find:

One of the hidden benefits of bicycle commuting is that is gives you a closer view of what your fellow road users have left behind. Tools are popular along my commute between Williston and South Burlington. In fewer than two years of riding here, I have picked up a nice little flathead screwdriver, a 13mm box wrench, and now this punch. I'm a long way from making up the value of the tool bag I lost off my saddle(with its nice light, Crank Brothers multi-tool, tube, tire levers and patch kit), but I'm confident that I'll get there eventually just by paying attention.