Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

5.17.2010

More Road Find

Sometimes it is the mental image of the stuff you find on the side of the road when cycling, rather than actual possession of the item that matters. This week the bike lane in South Burlington plays host to a three foot length of two-by-four. It's pretty unremarkable- it's chipped up and has obliviously been tumbled under some truck wheels and then finally cast off to rest at the curb. The funny thing about it, though, is written across it in black magic marker, large enough for me to read on my way by without slowing down, it says "I want to be a cowboy."

Dream on, discarded lumber, dream on.