Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

6.06.2010

Brewing Journal Batch #1 last entry, Batch #2 Entry #6


6/5/2010  Batch #1 is gone. It carbonated well at 30 pounds at basement temperature. Flavor got a little drier as it matured- I gave away a fair amount of this batch to friends and family and reviews were positive, though some thought it lacked "bite." Guess I'll need to make an IPA soon. 

6/6/2010 Batch #2 is in the keg. Final gravity was 1.011. 1.045-1.011 X 135 = 4.32 % ABV. Hydrometer sample tasted good, like beer, no off flavors that I could detect. Batch 2 had a five week fermentation in a single vessel, no "bright tank" treatment. I am not going to try to naturally carbonate this one, so it is resting in the cellar at 30 pounds of pressure.