Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

9.15.2010

Brewing Journal: Batch #4, Entry #2

9/13/2010
Batch #4 racked to secondary.  Gravity at 1.028. I would like to see it ferment out a little more completely but after several tastings of the wort sample have decided that oak, bourbon, and carbonation will all mitigate the malt sweetness in a positive way.  Molasses and smoke forward with hop bitterness followed by hop aroma finish. Very happy with this but I may have to brew something else next that goes quickly so I can keep my hands off of this one long enough!