Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

11.09.2010

Brewing Journal: Batch #4, Entry #5

Tasted batch #4, Bourbon Barrel Porter. It's nice, but the molasses sweetness still really dominates.  Not something you'd have more than a pint of at a time. Part of me wants to capitalize on the sweetness by adding a little chocolate extract, part of me just wants to leave well enough alone and move on. There will be lots of cold nights when this will be the perfect thing. The beer pours with a big stormy-looking head that resolves with those Guinness- type descending bubbles. The oak and bourbon are a nice touch as well.