Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

11.24.2010

Brewing Journal: Batch#4, Entry #6: Further Tasting Notes


Posted by Picasa

Batch # 4 (Bourbon Barrel Porter), further tasting notes. Storage at temperature with gas attached (44 degrees, 12psi) has added a little carbonation and that, combined with age, has really mitigated the molasses component of this beer that I wasn't as happy with. Now, it drinks a little thinner, a little spicier (maybe the oak).  Others say they can taste the bourbon, and this thing certainly packs a punch I can feel after a pint. Very nice to serve at 40 degrees, then let it warm up, finishing the last quarter of the glass at a little more like 60.  This is a favorite, and I can see spending the waning weeks of summer brewing a big dark beer like this for late fall and holiday consumption in the future.