Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

11.08.2010

Photo Dump: Sticky Buns and Scotch Ale

Yesterday, in addition to smoking the hot peppers and going down to the orchard to pick the last of the fall apples, I made sticky buns out of the King Arthur Flour Baker's Companion. This is a phenomenal tome, one to have on the shelf next to Julia Child, James Beard, and Irma Rombauer. Kate asked if I would make these sticky buns at about 8 in the morning, and off I went. So what if the recipe called for getting a starter going overnight, or if it needed dough relaxer, potato flour, and dried milk? I had none of these in the pantry. I had no time for a starter.  I gave it a whirl with the rest of the ingredients, and they rose up admirably:

Then, with the insane pecan/brown sugar/golden syrup topping, they browned beautifully:


I also already put up some tasting notes about the Scottish 80 Shilling Ale I have on tap right now, but here's a picture for color: