That bike makes about a million percent more sense than this years' giveaway bike. Especially if the intent is to get people riding to work:
- It has a chain guard, which keeps grease off your pants.
- Fenders- so riding on wet streets won't result in the dreaded "stripe."
- Logical frame configuration- unlike this years' bike, there are no extraneous frame members, no faux suspension, etc.
- Rear rack- kind of a nice thing when you actually want to take stuff with you on your commute.
- Finally, it's a folder, which makes getting it on to a bus or train or what have you much easier.
Oh yeah, and the fork is on the right way, as opposed to the Ikea bikes in the video I posted above, and in this screengrab: