Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

1.23.2011

It Says 3-6 Months on the Tag



...but there's an awful lot of room in there. It was cold this weekened. Bone chilling, bright and clear. It's Sunday night, and I have not been outside since Saturday afternoon- more then 24 hours. Wait, that doesn't really convey it- I haven't opened the door to the house, haven't peeked out to the doorstep to grap the mail, haven't taken a bucket of potato peelings out to the compost heap. Oh well. The basement is better organized and I rode my rollers unassisted, briefly tonight. I made focaccia and stuffed it with spinach and balsamic vinegar and grated Grana Padano, baked it again. I made tomato soup out of all of the basil and most of the frozen tomatoes we had left in the freezer. Summer in a bowl. Austen kept me busy today- he wants to be held all the time. Those 5 pound bags of flour they give to kids in high school are a joke. Ought to give 'em 15 pound weights that scream if you put them down, unless you spend 45 minutes putting them down and the stars are aligned. One smile out of him and it's all worth it. I was holding him today, looking away, then I looked down and he was looking up at me smiling. That perfect half circle topped by a straight line of an upper lip. Wide open, eyes sparkling. I missed the beginning of it looking out the window. There's that feeling that every second going by is one you won't get back. So I didn't go outside today.
Posted by Picasa