Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

2.23.2011

Brewing Journal: Batch #9, Entry #1

Batch# 9, Honey Kolsch, brewday. Boiled 2 gallons of spin water with a cup of golden malt extract and 1 oz. of Vanguard hops. Another ounce of Vanguard at 30 minutes. The remainder of the six-pounds of malt syrup went in with 15 minutes remaining in the boil, then a piound pf honey at the end of the boil. Chilled the concentrated wort to 100 degrees in 15 minutes in an ice bath in the sink, then added to the rest of the water in a 6-gallon carboy. I ended up with a little over 5 gallons of wort, total, with a gravity of 1.045. Not bad. I tasted the unfermented wort and noted prominent bitterness and little hop aroma, very malt-sweet. This should be a nice quencher, right around the first time I need to mow the lawn. 


Photo Courtesy Nugent Photography