Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

7.01.2011

Happy Independence Day

Summer, 1995. 

Jesse and me, winning the great Bristol outhouse race.  

Strategy: 
-Get the smallest 12-year old we could find for a driver. 
-Spend as little time as possible "decorating" the outhouse
-Arrive at the race after a day spent painting a horse barn in new Haven and a night spent hiking over the Green Mountains to walk into a Phish concert at Sugarbush. 
-Also after a very early morning spent trying to get home in the parking-lot busing nightmare that ensued after the show. 
-Run harder than anybody else there.


Jesse and I also won this race a few years later after a night in Montreal, again on minimal sleep and a questionable nutrition mix of Molson HiDry and poutine. 

Happy 4th, all.