Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

7.19.2011

Outsourcing and Satire on Demand- Thanks BSNYC!

It's always nice to be connected through the Internet to people better than yourself. Which is why when I saw this duo of breathless and downright weird articles about custom bikes and single speed bikes by Forbes blogger Larry Olmstead, rather than thinking up my own jokes, I just imagined what it would be like if the venerable Bike Snob NYC took on the task.

So I tweeted some links to him, and lo and behold, in less than 24 hours, BSNYC has delivered!

In the future I plan to outsource other aspects of my social networking life such as-

-Snide comments I make on Facebook about the hippies and deeply scornful cashier operators at Healthy Living
-Jokes I have considered blogging about the guy I see riding on the sidewalk, at 5mph, DEEP in the drops of his vintage ten speed
-Google+ posts (or whatever they are called) about upgrades to my minivelo
-etc.

Anyway, great job BSNYC, and I truly mean it when I say that I couldn't have said it better myself.