Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

8.17.2011

To the Driver of the Gray VW Golf with Vermont Vanity Plate "RICA"

Umm, Hi. I'm the cyclist you didn't see and could have hit this morning, as you exited Maple Tree Place while making a left turn against the a red arrow to head south on 2A.

You blew the light.  I know, because I had a green going straight across and it doesn't go green until the left arrow on the opposite side is firmly and solidly red. You were talking on your cell, not hands-free. I also know that you know the light was about to turn because you were way back from the intersection when it did and you gunned it to get through.  Good thing I was taking my time getting going, or you would have taken me out.

Finally, if you've gone out of your way to get an easily-memorable vanity plate, don't you think you might drive a little more carefully?