Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

11.17.2011

Brewing Journal: Batches 11 and 12


Racked Batch #11 Hard Cider to a 5-gallon secondary vessel with an airlock. Did not take a gravity reading but did taste a sample. Very similar to last year’s batch so far, a little stronger on the apple esters and maybe a touch more sulphurous. Clarity should be improved by secondary, I may also cold-crash the secondary before racking into the keg to avoid more sediment. I’m still thinking about two pounds of lactose (milk sugar) for this batch instead of one, like last year, for more body and a little more sweetness.

Racked Batch #12 British Bitter to a keg with 1/2 cup cane sugar for natural carbonation. It smelled great but I did not take a gravity reading or taste a sample.

My schedule on these brews is a little slower than planned, so I doubt we’ll be drinking Bitter in a week for Thanksgiving. Oh well, time always seems to help rather than hurt.