Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

11.28.2011

Spinning on the Beach


Aside from family, friends and four days of the most amazing food I'll eat all year, Thanksgiving was wonderful for an amazing sunset walk we all took on Nauset Beach this weekend. The tide was approaching dead low, there was no wind, and it was about 50 degrees out. The entire sky was pink and the yellow grass on the tops of the dunes was gold as the last rays of sun lit it up. There were numerous birds and seals out on the water, a few surfers, and lots of people like us out for an evening stroll to work off their meals. People say "hi" to each other, and share a knowing look: this is the place.

If my description seems clunky or inadequate, it is because it is. This place on the edge of the earth is different every time I come to it. If you have never been, you need to go there. If you can find a calm sunset on a low tide, all the better.