Gone Fishin'

HEY!

I'm not actively blogging here anymore. But if you got here because you were searching for something about bikes, you might want to check out my latest project, Vermont Goldsprints. In summer of 2014, I bought a used goldsprints racing setup and have made it a mission to get more bikes in more people's faces by putting on fun races in unexpected places. Come join me!

3.29.2012

Brewing Journal: Keg-O-Rama

While I have spent the latter half of the winter riding my bike inside and trying to convince others to do so with me, I am still brewing and writing and all of that good stuff:


Kegged batches  #13, 14, and 15. Greenbelt DIPA, Super Alt, and Wee Heavy. Realize now that I never did a journal entry for the Wee Heavy, which I brewed on 2/13. It all looked good. Sample of the DIPA tasted divine, dry hops are going to take it over the top. i was also impressed with the balance of the Super Alt, another big beer. Both the DIPA and the Super Alt got sterilized muslin bags with dry hop pellets in them. An ounce each of Cascade and Crystal in the DIPA, and ounce of “German tradition” in the Super Alt. All three kegs got priming sugar and seals set at 30PSI and will sit in the basement for at least two weeks before chilling and serving.